Micky Dolenz visits the UK, February 1967
oh this is a party for lamusiquedekate
is this even real look at that ANGEL FACE MAN CHIN
umisomedays, the michael to my micky
there is a huge moth flying around the kitchen
and my dog wants with all her puppy heart to smush and eat it
she is following it around the room like it will just spontaneously fall out of the air and let her get it over with
im really tired of europeans on here reblogging posts about racism in america and adding shocked disapproving comments like “get it together america lol” as if there isn’t an enormous amount of racism in europe and as if it wasn’t the europeans that first colonized the new world that planted the seed of racism in north america
not to pass the buck backwards but YEAH, THIS IS A TRUE THING
my feminist goal is not to convince men that girls are of value, my feminist goal is to achieve a future where the judgement of our value isn’t in the hands of men.
and this goes for, especially goes for, trans girls, girls of colour, disabled girls and LGBTQA+ girls.
girls, all girls, and if you believe otherwise don’t reblog this.
Hey m-a-n-d-o-l-i-n I think it’s pretty cool I am one of your 10 fav followers because I DON’T EVEN KNOW YOU but I guess that is how the internet works and I’m flattered regardless.
So. Five nice things about myself, followed by 10 of my favorite followers:
- I feel I…
Five nice things about me besides like I love my family and I read (c’mon), followed by 10 of my favorite followers (mostly people who get all engaged with me on the semi-reg)
- When you feel sad, I will always make time to bring you a present or cook you food, especially Caldareta, Filipino-Spanish stew, with rice because it’s amazing, and you’re amazing but sadly upset.
- I think I’ve gotten more resilient. I’ve had some blows but everyone’s always going through something, but I think I’ve gotten better about not letting things get to me.
- I’ve had my dog since I was eight, and so with me being away from her, I am terrified about if she may pass while I’m away. This isn’t so much a nice thing about me but more about my dog because dogs make things better no matter what. I make my mother put her on while we facetime and I spend so much time telling her “I love you” and watching her ears perk up. Then she runs to the door thinking I’m home ;__; Don’t make me cry.
- So I have scoliosis so there’s the one thing Shailene Woodley and I have in common. Oh but it was really awful and affected even my breathing, but it’s since been “corrected.” I have scars and my back isn’t completely symmetrical and it’s been something I’ve had to make peace with everyday, but I like the way I look. I used to really hate the way I looked and thought people judged me about it but learning not to give a fuck and learning that it was someone else’s problem was better for me.
- Excellent taste in candy
burberrymuffintop (her first follower, we recently celebrated our anniversary), emazinge (internet bae bae), postcardsfromnormalcy, idealistically, mostly-alone, proenzascooler, whitegirlblog, thetrialsoflulu, ac-z, beetsbearsbattlestargalacticaSo, I have to post 5 things about myself, then tag 10 of my favorite blogs to do the same (You guys should all followeloiseonabudgetbecause she’s perfect and amazing) 1. When I feel lonely, I sing “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”, sometimes without realizing it. When I was little, and I missed my mum, the lady who used to watch me would make me sing it. 2. I worry a lot. Like a lot. Probably more than I let on. 3. I hate sappiness, especially in romantic relationships. Every now and then, I don’t mind some well thought out gesture, just so long as both parties recognize that the eye roll is understood. 4. I have a lot of notebooks, all for different purposes. 5. Paris is (naturally) my one true love, but French-speaking Berlin is my ideal place forever and ever amen. Now,etjenesaisplus,itreallyisworseforme,thatweirdcrush,lamusiquedekate,umisomedays,neitherlandish,laszlotastic,defboyardee,mexican-safari, ¬-rightmeow!
Well considering 1 out of 2 BFFS tagged the other BFF & one of my other fave tumblr people 4ever, which makes passing the buck seem a little redundun, I will just say 5 things.
1. When I was in boarding school I had a “driving friend” who took me on all kinds of adventures. Before that, I had a driving sister. I got my license fairly late (19), and ever since then, I have been the driving friend. I love being the driving friend. SOOOOOO much. It gives my life a sense of purpose and direction. I’m exaggerating. But only a little.
2. From fairly early on in life, the VAST majority of my best ladies have been Virgos and Libras. I don’t rule anybody out on the basis of astrology, but I am beginning to notice a pattern. Possibly not coincidentally, late summer/fall is my favorite time of year. I hate to be too hot or too cold, but I love the last bit of warmth giving way to the first bit of cold, and I dig enjoying new beginnings with familiar fave people.
3. I love my friends, but I also love to be alone. The really great news is, most of my closest friends require just as much time alone as I do. It’s as essential to their creative lives and projects as it is to mine. That’s one of my favorite things about my friends. Which sounds counter-intuitive, but makes a lot of sense when you’re actually experiencing it. I’m currently in a hotel room by myself, having spent most of the day in the car by myself, after a lovely weekend with umisomedays. This is an example of the perfect combination of PEOPLE and NOT PEOPLE.
4. I have a very intense sense of smell, and there are 2 or 3 specific odors that make me feel really ill when I smell them. Luckily, I am otherwise more or less completely un-squeamish about “yucky things.” All of my squick factor seems to have gone to my nose.
5. When I was little I had a neighbor/babysitter who had attended a metaphysical college (what even is a metaphysical college?) and she believed I could commune with animals and wanted me to be a pet psychic. She made me practice “communicating telepathically” with both wild and domesticated animals every day.
I don’t follow a whole lot of people and I genuinely like all of the people that I do, so if you know we are mutuals, you can consider this my formal invitation for you to do this thingie.